Mis à jour le 09/12/22
The IRN “NSSN-X” is an international expansion of the FNX (French Network on Xanthomonads), building on existing and creating new North-South and South-South partnerships. This new network is also in line with the objectives of two IRD-supported international laboratories (LMI) in the target regions: LMI Patho-Bios in Burkina Faso and LMI BIO-INCA in Colombia and Ecuador. Both LMIs will be instrumental in the implementation of the new networking tools in the South.
The FNX, created in 2008, federates all the French research teams whose objects of study are species of the plant- pathogenic bacterium Xanthomonas, infecting most economically important crop plants, such as banana, bean, cabbage, cassava, citrus, rice and wheat. The structuring effect of the FNX allowed coordinating research in the fields of genomics, diagnostics, epidemiology and molecular biology of xanthomonads, which was supported by 4 ANR grants, among other third-party funding. The FNX was responsible for the organisation of the 4th Xanthomonas Genomics Conference (XGC) in Angers (2012) and the FNX had/has members in the scientific committees of the subsequent XGC in Bogotá (Colombia, 2015), Halle (Germany, 2018) and Florida (USA, 2021).
This GDRI-Sud will foster existing and create new links between FNX members and partners in the South by holding Annual Conferences in France and by organising Training Schools and Workshops in sub-Saharan Africa (Burkina Faso, Mali, Ivory Coast) and in Latin America (Colombia, Ecuador) in the fields of disease diagnostics, epidemiology and molecular breeding. Researchers from France, not only from IRD, will act as trainers and discussion moderators during these activities in the South. New South-South partnerships will emerge from these activities, which together with the North-South partnerships will contribute to sustainable solutions in the management of plant diseases due to xanthomonads infection.
Institutions partenaires Sud
- Institut de l’Environnement et Recherches Agricoles (INERA), Department of Phytopathology, Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
- Université des Sciences Techniques et Technologiques de Bamako (USTTB), Faculté des Sciences et Techniques, Bamako, Mali
- Université Felix Houphouët Boigny (UFHB), UFR Biosciences, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Universidad de los Andes Bogotá (UniAndes), Department of Biological Sciences, Bogotá, Colombia
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia (UNAL), Department of Biology, Bogotá, Colombia
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador (PUCE), Escuela de Ciencias Biológicas, Quito, Ecuador
UMR Nord impliquées
- IRD-Cirad-Université de Montpellier, Interactions Plantes Microorganismes Environnement (IPME), Montpellier, France
- Cirad-INRA-Montpellier SupAgro, Biologie et Génetique des Interactions Plante-Parasite (BGPI), Campus International de Baillarguet, France
- INRA-Agrocampus Ouest-Université d’Angers, Institut de Recherche en Horticulture et Semences (IRHS), Beaucouzé, France
- CNRS-INRA, Laboratoire des Interactions Plantes- Microorganismes (LIPM), Castanet-Tolosan, France
- Cirad-Université de la Réunion, Peuplements Végétaux et Bioagresseurs en Milieu Tropical (PVBMT), Saint Pierre, France
- Coordination scientifique
- Outils de partenariat IRD associés
Agriculture, food security, disease management, Plant protection, xanthomonads